The College Garden

The College Garden

A little lane runs down the side of St Mary’ s Churchyard, rejoicing in the name of The Tink – a Tank, where  walkers are shaded from the sun by the high walls  and pleached lime trees planted in 1742. Off the lane, through an Iron gate in the wall behind the churchyard, is the delightful retreat of the tiny garden, named for the medieval college of Vicars Choral. It is open at most times during daylight, and forms a quiet refuge from the bustle of the town and a spot from which to admire St Mary’s Church.

Open Daily Free  admission