Guy’s Cliffe Walled Garden

Guy’s Cliffe Walled Garden

The earliest documentary evidence of the existence of Guy’s Cliffe Walled Garden dates back to 1773, when it was originally part of the kitchen garden for Guy’s Cliffe House, home of the Greatheed and latterly the Percy and HeberPercy families. Restoration of the overgrown ‘secret garden’ to the layout shown in the 1889 Ordnance Survey map, and earlier sketches, began in 2014, since when over 19,000 hours of volunteers’ hard work has brought it back to life, and has unearthed some interesting history. The aim is to restore the walls and glasshouses and return the site to a working Georgian/Victorian kitchen garden for the enjoyment and educational benefit of the community. The Garden is listed as a Grade II site by English Heritage on the Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest. Details of special event and themed days with refreshments, activities and information boards around the Garden can be found on our website. Opening times: 2018 April to end of October: 10am-3.30pm, Wednesdays, Fridays, Sundays and Bank Holidays, plus event days. Free admission (except on NGS Day, July 21). Access via Hintons Nursery, Coventry Road, Warwick CV34 5FJ www.guyscliffewalledgarden.org.uk